Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting Serious About Blogging

Ok... I admit it. I haven't found the time to blog as much as I'd hoped but I'm going to change that. I'm going to make this easy for the time being, both for me and readers. At least I'll give you something instead of nothing!

I've written tons of articles for different publications and most are introspective and have very little to do with the mechanics of fishing. I started writing those articles back in 2006 on a recommendation from my wife, JoNell. At the time I was asked to write for a local fishing magazine called "The Nautical Mile" but the editor wanted something different. Perhaps a human interest side to fishing and the great outdoors. JoNell, in her infinite wisdom and public relations savvy, came up with "Reflections On The Water". The stories would be about the things that happen on the water, but mostly my observations. I loved the idea and wrote the first Reflections article in April of 2006.

For my blog I'm going to go back and pull from that library each month, along with adding new material as the stories happen.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment