Monday, September 15, 2014

Mako 21LTS, one year later

It’s been a little over a year since I received the 2014 Mako 21LTS from Tracker Marine and Bass Pro Shops.  There’s been a lot of water “under the hull”, so to speak, and I’m happy to report that she’s served me well.

I’m a busy fishing guide and even when I’m not scheduled for a charter I still like to hit the water on my own with friends and family.  I’m guessing that I spent about 250 days out there looking for and catching fish.

The Mako, christened “Soulstice”, preformed well.  There were quiet days and then there were the not so quiet days.  Together we outran a few storms and navigated over some rough seas.  It wasn’t intentional, mind you, but it really showed me what the boat is made of.  She got us home, even in the worst weather. 

After a solid year of use she’s just as fit as when she was delivered.  I’ve had only a few issues here and there, but all easily repaired without a call to the service department.  On that note... I’d like to point out that my year on a boat is equal to about 5 years for the normal user and that number is based on you fishing for at least one day every single weekend.  This boat is solid!

The new version of the 21LTS will be in showrooms shortly.  I’m looking forward to seeing it and wondering how Mako can improve on something that works so well to begin with.  It should be a great addition to the lineup!

Note:  Mako has restarted the Mako Funaments.  These family fishing events were very popular over the years and unfortunately were shelved.  Not anymore!  Last year, two were successfully held and another two events were added this year.  The next one in the series will be held September 18-21 in Islamorada, FL and following that, another will be held in Fort Myers, FL October 16-19.  The Funaments are open to all types of boats and are a great way to take a look at the Mako boats under working conditions.  There are also rides available and you might even get the opportunity to fish on one during the event!  For more information go to www.mako-boats.com/fishingfunaments.

Want to see my Mako 21LTS in action?  Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment